Please click on the following link for a full explanation on Volunteer Clearances from the district website.
1. Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Report: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Click the control number to view your results. Click the “Certification Form” link in the center of the page to view, save and print your official
2. Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Click “Create Individual Account”. The Keystone Key is a user name you create. Follow the site’s step-by-step instructions for creating a password. Be sure to keep a record of your Keystone Key and Password as you will need them to access your results. You will receive an email from the site when your results are available, within 14 days of submission.
3. FBI Fingerprinting (2 Options):
- If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for less than 10 consecutive years, you must complete the fingerprinting process. Enroll at IdentoGo and make an appointment for digital fingerprinting at a location of your choice. The Service Code for VOLUNTEERS is 1KG6Y3.
- If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past 10 consecutive years, you may submit the CR Volunteer Affidavit in place of fingerprinting. The affidavit must be notarized and the original affidavit is kept on file in the Human Resources Office.
Timeline: All new volunteers must obtain clearances. All clearances must be within one year old at the time of joining our district’s volunteer team. Thereafter, all clearances must be renewed every 60 months.
How do I submit my volunteer paperwork?
Volunteer paperwork (with the exception of the notarized Volunteer Affidavit) should be submitted online through the Volunteer posting by following this link. Complete the online application and upload clearances to the appropriate page.
I’ve lived in Pennsylvania over 10 years and completed the Volunteer Affidavit; can I just upload the form to the Volunteer application?
If mailing your original, notarized Volunteer Affidavit, please send to:
30 North Chancellor Street, Newtown, PA 18940